The Garage Door Company
terms and conditions
TERMS OF PAYMENT
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, terms of payment are 50% deposit on placing the order and 50% final payment prior to installation. The customer shall not be entitled to make any deductions or set off there from.
- This non refundable deposit is used to source and secure a specific product to the customer’s requirements and administration thereof.
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at the rate of 2% per month. The Company reserves the right where genuine doubts arise as to the Customer’s financial position or in the case of failure to pay for any goods or any services as aforesaid to suspend delivery of any order or part or installment without liability until payment or satisfactory security for payment has been provided.
- A £1 fee is chargeable for all card transactions.
- The delivery dates specified in the contract are approximate and, unless expressly stated, time is not of the essence for delivery. The company will not be liable for the consequences of any delays. No delay shall entitle the customer to reject any delivery or services.
- The company will not provide monetary compensation for any delays by manufacturers or for any other unforeseeable reasons.
RIGHT TO CANCEL
- When you have placed an order we process it as soon as possible. If you cancel a bespoke, made to order product you will be liable for all associated costs.
- Source of the material used may naturally vary in colour and be effected by weather or climate. You should consider arranging for such materials to be finished and maintained in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations (or such other maintained as ought reasonably to be carried out).
WARRANTY: LIMIT OF RESPONSIBILITY
- The company warrants in relation to the company’s installation that it will either repair or replace any goods which are found within a period of 24 months from installation (‘the warranty period’) to be defective. Manufacturer’s warranties will come into force in relation to any defects to electric operator(s) (excluding remote control units) and garage door(s) including operating gear, as specified in the manufacturer’s literature. Our warranties give you benefits which are in addition to your legal rights. Further information about your legal rights can be obtained from your local Trading Standards Department or the Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- It is recommended all doors and operators should be serviced annually by a professional door installer. To book a service call out, please call 0800 046 75 76 or visit www.thegaragedoorcompany.ltd.uk
SUITABILITY OF THE SITE
- The company does not accept any responsibility for conditions occurring due to uneven or sloping floors however every effort will be made to ensure that water ingress is kept to a minimum.
- Structural modifications are not included in the quotation and will be the customer’s responsibility. Doors will be installed true and square which may exaggerate sloping walls and floors.
DRAWINGS AND INFORMATION
- The company will assume that all measurements and other information supplied to the company is accurate and suitable for the customer’s requirements for orders placed on a supply only basis where free site surveys have not been conducted.
- Quotations are valid for 30 days from the date of issue. Unless stated, the estimate does not include:
- The cost of removing your old door(s), the cost of making good brickwork, rendering, pointing, floor or timber which has been damaged during installation which is not caused by our negligence in installing the door(s).
- If we believe the existing supporting structure is unsuitable to install a new door(s) we will inform you at the time of quotation. Our advice is given as a result of our experience and if you decide to place an order with us despite our advice, we cannot be responsible for the continued suitability of the existing timbers after installation. If you have any doubts, we advise you to instruct a surveyor to carry out a full inspection.
- You are responsible for the clearing the area where the products are to be fitted and we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage caused to items not removed or adequately protected by you, unless the loss or damage is caused by our negligent work.
- If you order products from us, or you provide us with measurements or other details for products which you ask us to install, which are subsequently discovered to be wrong, misleading for additional costs incurred by us in replacing any such products urgently unless such replacement is as a result of our erroneously advising you as to the suitability of the product in question.
- You can now recycle your old electricals with us.
If you’re buying a new electrical item, we will recycle your old one for free
- Why recycle?
Unwanted electrical equipment is the UKs fastest growing type of waste.
Many electrical items can be repaired or recycled, saving natural resources and the environment. If you do not recycle, electrical equipment will end up in landfill where hazardous substances will leak out and cause soil and water contamination – harming wildlife and also human health.
- We can help
We are pleased to offer our customers the chance to recycle their old electrical items.
To remind you that old electrical equipment can be recycled, it is now marked with a crossed-out wheeled bin symbol. Please do not throw any electrical equipment (including those marked with the crossed out wheeled bin symbol) in your bin.
- What is WEEE?
The Waste Electrical or Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive requires countries to maximise separate collection and environmentally friendly processing of these items. In the UK, distributors (including retailers) must provide a system which allows all customers buying new electrical equipment the opportunity to recycle their old items free of charge. Those establishing their own take-back scheme must as a minimum offer all customers buying new electrical equipment free take back of their old electricals on a like-for-like basis.
Find more information on WEEE recycling, and locate your local recycling centre, at www.recyclenow.com.